Cats are pretty sure they rule the world. Sometimes I think they only let me believe I am in charge. I am not even sure if this tea was my idea, or an idea planted in my mind by my cats. I drink tea almost daily and I usually have a cat staring at me while I drink it. Since cats love catnip, which is just an herb, I made some catnip tea for my kitties and they loved it.
Catnip Tea for Cats
- 1 tbs dried organic catnip
- 8 ounces hot water (not boiling!)
- 1 tbs milk (some cats may want more)
- Place the catnip into a tea strainer or tea ball.
- Let the catnip steep in the water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the catnip and add the milk.
- Place in a cup or in several saucers for many cats.
Let me know if you try this recipe for your cats and what they thought of it.
To celebrate the release of The Secret Life of Pets, I have joined with several other bloggers to create pet-inspired treats. Check out the posts under the image below. Enjoy!
Lime Coconut Puppy Chow from Around My Family Table
Kibbles & Bits Snack Mix from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Puppy Chow Cookie Bars from A Savory Feast
Puppy Pops from A Little Slice of Us
Sweet Potato & Banana Pupsicles from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Puppy Party Snacks from For The Love of Food
Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow from Bread Booze Bacon
Which one will you try first?