I love to travel and see new places and I also enjoy staying in a nice clean hotel and being able to relax and be comfortable. Of course a hotel will never feel like home, but there are some minor things you can do that will make your hotel stay even better. These are all things I have added to my mental packing list due to really, really needing them quite often when traveling. This list of things to bring to a hotel is all about convenience but anything that makes family trips easier and more relaxed is a good idea to me.
5 Things to Bring to a Hotel
- Pop-up hamper. These are pretty cheap and they sure beat those little plastic laundry bags the hotels provide. It also gives an easy answer to the question “where do I put my dirty clothes?” I also bring a pop-up hamper when visiting relatives so I can keep my dirty laundry organized and separate.
- Anti-bacterial wipes. I am not talking baby wipes here, I mean the kind you clean with. I use these to wipe the remote, switches, toilet seats, and counters in the hotel room (or anything that looks iffy). Germs. Need I say more?
- Laptop cord for TV. HDMI or whatever your laptop takes. Most moderately priced hotels on up have TVs capable of being hooked up to a laptop. I love it when a hotel boasts that it has cable and in-room movies but when you get there you find 10 channels and $15 movies. Our solution is to hook the laptop up and connect with Netflix (provided there is wi-fi of course).
- Clothes hangers. You know you’ve been there before – 4 people in a room and 5 hangers in the closet. Toss some cheap plastic hangers in your suitcase. It will be worth making room in the suitcase.
- Nightlight. Hotel rooms get super dark at night. That can be scary and even dangerous in some cases. I prefer a motion activated nightlight that comes on when someone sits up in bed, but you may need one that stays on. This sure makes finding your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night easier!
Tell me something you always bring to a hotel. Happy travels to you!