This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPledgeCastle #CollectiveBiasWith about half the square footage of the average American home, it is fair to say I live in a small house. It might seem like quite an exaggeration to call my home my castle, but seeing your house as a castle has more to do with how you feel there than with how many square feet it has. There is one thing about my house that is big; the amount of dust it accumulates. My house is in the desert and so dust is inevitable. To keep that dust under control, I have to use a high quality product. I like to think of Pledge® as the everyday beauty brand for my home. Pledge® helps me fight dust and keeps my home shiny and beautiful.
Here is a picture of my modest home. Notice that it is surrounded by dirt. There is over an acre of dirt on my property alone, not to mention the surrounding properties, all of which are dirt as well. The dust around here is relentless and it is compounded by dry weather and the occasional dust storm. If dust is a problem for you, let me share some cleaning tips with you that will help make your home feel like your castle.
Spring Cleaning Tips for Dusty Homes
- Air filters. Be sure to change your household air filters regularly.
- Leave the shoes outside. Wearing shoes in the house brings in a lot of dust from outside.
- Shake out your rugs. Take your rugs outside and shake them out once a week. You’d be amazed how much dust can accumulate in a rug, especially if you are wearing shoes inside.
- Sweep daily, vacuum weekly. I am always amazed at how much is in my dustpan at the end of the day. Try not to go more than one day without sweeping. We only vacuum once a week, but if you have pets, you may need to vacuum more often.
- Use the right products. I use Pledge® products to remove dust, resist dust, and bring shine to my furniture and household items.
- Pledge® Lemon Clean Furniture Spray: Yes, it cleans wood furniture, but it also can be used for furniture cleaning all around the house to quickly clean, condition and protect, features Allergens Trappers® to remove dust and up to 90% of the allergens found in dust, and can be used to dust, shine and protect a variety of household surfaces including wood, laminate, stainless steel, leather, marble, granite and plastic.
- Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray: Same as lemon Pledge®, but with the fresh scent of orange.
- Pledge® Multi Surface Everyday Cleaner with Glade® Rainshower®: I love this stuff because it does the work of a variety of household cleaning products and is an all-purpose cleaner with a worry-free formula that cleans up smudges and messes while safely leaving the finish alone. Like the other Pledge® products, it removes dust and up to 90 percent of the allergens found in dust.
- Pledge® Lemon Wipes: These convenient wipes can be used to quickly clean up dust, dirt and messes while conditioning and protecting and leaving behind the fresh lemon Pledge® scent. They also feature Allergen Trappers® to remove dust and up to 90% of the allergens found in dust.
I especially love Pledge® Multi Surface Everyday Cleaner with Glade® Rainshower® because I can use it for just about everything in my home that needs to be cleaned. An example of this is the picture frame you see below. It is made of plastic, wood, and glass and I can clean and shine the entire frame with this one product.
I love the way my furniture looks after I clean it with Pledge®. Check out this shine!
One thing I have learned as I get older is that cleaning is never-ending. However, with a few simple strategies and a great product, the dust does not have to win. In fact, I kind of see it as a challenge that I love winning. I will always live in the dusty desert. After all, where else can I have so much sunshine, cactus, and roses, too?
You can find Pledge® products on the cleaning aisle of your local Kroger store and check out all the other great Pledge® products by following Pledge® on Facebook!
What is the biggest struggle in your cleaning routine? How do you deal with it? Find more great spring cleaning tips over on the Pledge® Spring Cleaning Hub.