I am a life-long Peanuts fan and I am so very excited about the new movie! To celebrate, I joined a fun group of bloggers to create Peanuts-inspired recipes and crafts. Each creation is based on a Peanuts character. I picked the Little Red-Haired Girl because I always found her character to be fun and mysterious. Charlie Brown really had the hots for her and could not get her out of his mind. Being a redhead, I appreciated Charlie Brown’s taste in girls.
I love popcorn and thought it was appropriate to celebrate the movie with a fun popcorn recipe. In honor of the Little Red-Haired Girl I made a snack that is both sweet and spicy. This recipe was a big hit with my kiddos and I hope you will like it as well.
Spicy Chocolate Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped (or about 10 cups of your own popped corn) – lightly buttered/salted is best
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- Spread the popcorn out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the Red Hots and water in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until the candy is just about melted. Remove from heat and drizzle the candy sauce over the popcorn with a spoon.
- Place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Cook at 50 per cent for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. If necessary, cook for an additional 10 seconds and stir again. Repeat until smooth, but do NOT overcook. Use a spoon to drizzle over popcorn.
Scroll down for more Peanuts inspired creations.
Charlie Brown Marshmallow Pops from Bread Booze Bacon
Little Red-Haired Girl Chocolate Popcorn from Celebrating Family
Printable Snoopy Dog House from Liz on Call
Woodstock Banana Pudding Filled Chocolate Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
Lucy Bento Lunch Box from East Valley Mom Guide
“Great Pumpkin” White Hot Chocolate + DIY Linus Blanket Mug Cozy from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies from Around My Family Table
Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft from Popsiculture
Dust Storm Salted Toffee Muddy Buddies from Lady Behind The Curtain
Mud Pie Brownies from Sugar and Soul
Schroeder’s Piano Key Cookies from Love Bakes Good Cakes