If you have been following Celebrating Family for any time, you know that I like to keep things simple. I also really love making desserts and treats that look complicated but are not. Whenever I make ice cream sandwiches, my kids get all excited and act like I should sign up for the next episode of Chopped. I think these treats increase the level of excitement because there is a waiting period before they can be eaten. Anticipation is a big deal when you are a kid. These mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches are quite delicious and are the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day, hot summer days, or whenever.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate chip cookies (2 for each sandwich)
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or other waxy paper.
- Place half of the cookies flat side up on the baking sheet.
- Place ice cream in a bowl and stir it until it starts to get soft.
- Spoon ice cream onto the cookies and top with the other half of the cookies.
- Tightly wrap the sandwiches with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight.