I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
April is the Month of the Military Child and it is a good time to reflect on these unsung heroes. Military kids have a lot ot deal with that their friends likely do not have to face. They often sacrifice the presence of their parent in their daily lives for extended periods of time, some face frequent moves, and many face the stark reality that their soldier might not return home. Goodbyes, like the one above, never get any easier.
As a mom of military children, deployments are especially difficult because you still have to handle the average day-to-day responsibilities, but you are alone and constantly trying to distract your children from their worries. With all the uncertainties that military families face, it is good to know that the basics, like healthcare, are covered. While I might have to stress over getting my kids to brush their teeth, I do not have to stress over dental coverage thanks to the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. This dental plan provides dental benefits to spouses and children of Active Duty personnel and National Guard and Reserve members and their families. We have found it to be an affordable plan with excellent coverage.
The TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) has some important dental benefits available to dependent children (including stepchildren, adopted children and court-ordered wards) of active duty service members and Reservists. Check out this list.
- Two cleanings and two exams per year at no cost, when a network dentist is seen.
- Sealants on permanent molars for children though the age of 18, with a 20% cost share.
- Orthodontic coverage for children up to the age of 21 or 23 if a full time student.
- Space maintainers are fully covered for patients under the age of 19.
- Two topical fluoride applications are covered in a consecutive 12-month period.
- $1,200 accidental annual maximum per enrollee.
- Athletic Mouth Guard limited to one per consecutive 12-month period, with a 50% cost share.
Military sponsors, why not enroll your children in the TDP today and protect their precious smiles? Your dedicated military service entitles you to receive this important benefit. Just remember that the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program is part of the TRICARE Health Plan for military families but you must enroll separately in the TRICARE Dental Program to obtain dental coverage for your family.