Disclosure: I received a Target gift card to purchase LISTERINE Brand products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE 21-Day Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Last month I shared that I was participating in the LISTERINE® 21-Day Challenge and I challenged you to do the same. I hope you did! Now that the 21 days are up, I wanted to let you know how it went. I am already a pretty good caretaker of my teeth but, as I shared previously, I have been having some issues with my gums, so that is what I wanted to focus this challenge on.
I swished with LISTERINE® Cool Mint Antiseptic mouthwash every day, but I also added it to my water flosser at a ratio of 3 parts water to 1 part Listerine. Let me tell you that it made my mouth feel super clean. It was a noticeable difference from the start but 21 days later, it still feels awesome. My mouth also feels clean when I wake up in the morning and that fuzzy feeling that is sometimes there has gone away. I also really loved the REACH® Floss which is thicker than the floss I had been using and I felt like it was more effective at cleaning between my teeth.
The kiddos really enjoyed using the LISTERINE® products as well, especially my son who saw it as a personal challenge to be able to keep swishing for the entire 30 seconds. I had no problem getting them to swish, which surprised me because getting them to brush and floss is often a challenge. Do your kiddos have issues with brushing, too? Here are 5 things you can do to get your kids to brush their teeth.
- Brush with them. If you are at the sink together, they are more likely to actually brush. Plus, you can model a good brushing method.
- Let them choose their toothpaste and mouthwash flavor. Many kids dislike the adult flavors.
- Warn them about the sugar bugs. I used to tell my kids that there were sugar bugs on their teeth and we had to chase them away with the toothbrush. As they grew older, I explained plaque and oral bacteria to them.
- Buy them an electric toothbrush. Let’s face it, electric brushes are more fun and some of them even have timers.
- Reward them with praise. Since my kiddos sometimes pretend to brush, I often inspect their mouths after they brush. When I can tell they have done well, I compliment them on how clean their mouth is and what a great job they did.
If you haven’t taken the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge, why not start today?
One fun part of this campaign is the #SwishSelfie.” While you are swishing tonight take a selfie and post it to the LISTERINE® Facebook page. For every Swish Selfie posted, LISTERINE® will make a $5.00 donation to Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America, up to $85,000. So get those phones ready and snap away.