Many thanks to Datarank and Burt’s Bees for their sponsorship of this post.
Women spend a lot of time and concern over what we put into our bodies. Nutritionally savvy women try to avoid preservatives, artificial sweeteners, HFCS, and dyes. Where many of us miss the mark is with what we put onto our bodies. Have you ever looked at the ingredients list of the average body lotion? Yikes! I cannot even pronounce most of the ingredients and some of them sound downright scary. I love using natural products, especially Burt’s Bees, because they are made of natural ingredients, just like I am. They smell and sometimes even taste better and I can feel confident that my family is getting the best of the best. Burt’s Bees has been making natural products for 30 years. They were natural before natural was cool.
Natural living is important to my family. we grow our own citrus, raise chickens for eggs, and use many herbs and vegetables that we grow ourselves.
I love being able to run out to the garden and grab some rosemary whenever I need it. Oh, the smell is heavenly. Speaking of rosemary, Burt’s Bees has an amazing peppermint and rosemary body wash that you have to try.
My sister recently came into town with her toddler and I decided to put a gift basket together for her. I love making my house guests feel welcome and as at home as possible. Since my sister is a new mom and a hard-working nurse, I wanted to give her some products to help her feel pampered and relaxed. I headed up to Walmart and went to the Burt’s Bees display. Burt’s Bees make awesome baby products, but I wanted this gift basket to be just for her. I included a face scrub, body lotion, foot lotion, and a few lip balms. Gift baskets are a great way to welcome your house guests. Scroll down for more ideas.
Before I get to the tips on making your guests feel at home, take a look at this lip balm, ladies. It has dark chocolate in it. Seriously. Are you sold yet?
My sister loved her gift basket as I knew she would. Now I need to go back to Walmart and get some of that lip balm. Yum.
If making your guests feel at home is important to you, consider trying one or all of these ideas for making your of town guests feel at home.
- Fresh flowers. If your guests have their own room, placing fresh flowers in the room would be a nice touch. Yellow flowers really brighten up a room and they symbolize friendship.
- Gift baskets. Making a gift basket with toiletry items can make your guest feel very special. If they are traveling by airplane, remember that if they are carrying on their luggage they won’t be able to take large liquid items with them. Lotions, lip balms, body washes, and even manicure sets can make your guest feel very pampered.
- Beverage service. If your guests drink coffee or tea, find out what they like and have some on hand for them. I often bring my own tea along on trips, but when someone has stocked a few teas for me it really makes me feel special.
- Allergy-friendly. People with allergies do not usually expect their hosts to meet all their dietary needs. However, keeping allergies in mind is one way to make your guests feel welcome. For example, if you have a dairy-free guest coming to stay, why not have some soy creamer or almond milk on hand?
- Snack time. Guest often do not feel comfortable asking for a snack or rifling through the cupboards. Place a basket of convenient snacks in the guest room or on the kitchen counter. Nuts, water bottles, chocolates, dried fruit and fresh fruits are good choices.
Know your guests and you will know how to welcome them in the most appropriate way. Relax and let them relax. Keep it natural.