I love soup. I would eat it regularly if my husband was on board (alas, he is a soup-hater). I think the best soup I make is my vegetable noodle soup which is so very delicious. One day I will sit down and put it into recipe form so that I can share it with you. But today, I want to share the recipe I use for dumplings. I do not always put dumplings in my soup, but every once in a while I want a little extra treat. I always loved it when my mom added dumplings to her soup. Yum. These are so easy to make and my kiddos just love them. And yes, I realize it is August, but I eat soup year round, even in this desert.
Absolutely Perfect Dumplings
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk ( I use 2%)
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter and milk just to a simmer.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork until the mixture just comes together.
- Divide the dough mixture into 16 dumplings.
- Roll each piece of dough into a small ball.
- Carefully lay the formed dumplings on the surface of the soup.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Do you love dumplings, too?