Last year when Celebrating Family was still in its infancy, I shared my favorite homemade salsa and guacamole recipes. That was well over a year ago and I think this salsa is so good that it deserves its own post. This homemade salsa recipe is very easy to make and is a crowd pleaser.
This salsa is the result of my trying several recipes and experimenting and changing those. The recipe uses canned tomatoes which I was hesitant to use because I prefer fresh ingredients. However, the canned tomatoes make this recipe easier and more delicious since I cannot find good tomatoes around here. Also, you can control the heat of this salsa by controlling the amount of jalapeños you use. I just know you will love this easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 can of organic canned tomatoes with juice
- 1-2 fresh jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend for a few seconds for chunky salsa or a bit longer for a smoother texture. Refrigerate any unused portion.