I love cold pasta salads in the summertime. They are so easy to make and so refreshing. I recently made a pasta salad for our Memorial Day dinner and it went perfectly with our red, white, and blue berry dessert. This is a simple recipe that you can whip up fast. Even my pasta-hating husband loved it. Try this easy pasta salad recipe.
Simple Summer Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce box of tri-color rotini pasta
- 2/3 cup Italian dressing (homemade is best!)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse pasta with cold water to stop the cooking and cool it down.
- Mix all the ingredients together. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient to your tastes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. If the salad will be in the fridge for more than an hour, keep some Italian nearby as the pasta will absorb it quickly.