One of my son’s favorite days at school is the day he gets to bring cupcakes to school to celebrate his birthday. Last year we made Easy Ocean Cupcakes but this year he wanted something different. Check out this fun and simple snake we made. The instructions for these snake cupcakes are below the picture. This is such an easy project and my son’s teacher and classmates loved it.
- Make your favorite cupcake and frosting. I like this chocolate cake recipe from Hershey’s and this frosting from Around My Family Table. Frost the cupcakes.
- Line the cupcakes up into the form of a snake.
- Decorate the cupcakes in the pattern you want using M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces.
- For the snake’s head, cut a small triangle from a graham cracker and place it onto a frosted cupcake. Frost over the graham cracker to cover it completely.
- For the snake’s tongue, cut a licorice rope strand or sour straw into a forked design and place it under the graham cracker.
There are so many ways you can make this project your own. Try using light brown frosting and brown and black M&Ms for a rattlesnake. You can even use colored baking cups to add to the design. Have fun and enjoy!
Like this idea? Why not share it on Pinterest? Click the Pin It button below.