Popcorn Bags–A Practical Craft

Popcorn Bags – A Practical Craft

Popcorn bag craft - a fun idea for moviegoers.

On a recent trip to the movies the kiddos were squabbling over the popcorn. I generally try to head this off  by buying one large popcorn and dividing it up into the cardboard drink carriers our local theater hands out.  My children were arguing over who got which carrier and how much popcorn they had. That’s when another mom told me about a great idea she used with her own children for their trips to the movies. I thought it was a great idea and so I am sharing her popcorn bag craft idea with you.

The idea here is to have each child create their own popcorn bag at home before heading out to the movies. When your children have a personalized popcorn bag in hand, the chance of a popcorn squabble seriously diminishes. Before you head out to see that next big summer movie, give each child a good-sized paper lunch bag. Have them write their names on their bag and decorate it however they see fit. They might even draw something from the movie you are planning to see. Once you get to the movie theater, pour some popcorn into each child’s decorated bag. My children were very excited about this idea and there was absolutely no squabbling and everyone was happy, including me.

Popcorn bag craft - fun for your next trip to the movies.

This idea was fun and easy to do. I love crafts in general, but it is fun to find a craft that has a purpose. Of course, the bags are only really useful once, but that just means it is a craft we will be repeating. My kiddos are already talking about the next movie and the next popcorn bags.

Do you have any ideas for making movie trips easier and more fun? Feel free to leave a comment.  Share and let’s talk about it.

Popcorn bag craft - fun idea for your next trip to the movies.

About Janice

I am Janice, an Arizona native, soldier’s girl, mom to two, and daughter of the King. I am just an average mom, although I like to think I have a little flare (maybe not). I love to cook, read, write, and run when my knees permit it. I have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor and I love a good dystopian story or classic novel. When I am not up to my ears in laundry, dishes, and creating for Celebrating Family, you will also find me at East Valley Mom Guide. Come follow me on Google +, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.

Comments

1. iamthatmama says:

Fabulous idea!

2. simplywalkingthroughlife says:

My grandmother always has ziplock bags and extra napkins in her purse for movie trips. :) Decorating a bag before hand would be so much fun, though!

At this point, I don't have any helpful tips because I only have one and he won't sit through a whole movie yet…

3. Christine Suders says:

Awesome idea! Love it :) Have you ever tried doing homemade popcorn in a paper bag? That's fun, too :)

4. Yes, Christine! It is pretty neat and cheap as well!

5. I'm your newest follower from the Follow Me Back Tuesday Blog Hop! Come check out me blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

Have a happy Tuesday!

6. Six In The Northwest says:

Sounds fun!

7. Keck Family says:

what a fun easy idea! love it!

8. Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy says:

Fun idea! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

9. Auntie Pam says:

Great idea, then they feel they have control over the popcorn and it will never be an issue. LOVE IT!!!

10. What a fun and easy to make craft! Thanks for sharing.

11. We always took popcorn to the movies. I think my kids thought i was cheap…I was!

12. Great idea, my kids would love this

13. I love this idea! It really takes me back. When I was a kid, mom took all four of us to the dollar theater and walked right in with her trash bag full of popcorn and foam cups to dole it out. :)

14. You have to be a mom to really appreciate what a good idea this is!!
    Thanks for Sharing!!
    Brenda

15. What a good idea! My kids fight over popcorn too. Love incorporating crafts with a solution to a problem. I am a new FB fan visiting from We Are THAT Family. Vicky from Mess For Less

16. That’s clever! Sometimes it is really hard to ask the kids to behave, they really squabble especially when they are excited.

17. Debra Wagner says:

That looks so fun for those adorable kiddies of yours, Ruby didnt look so happy in her picture..lol

18. This is a brilliant idea and a great project too. Totally going to stash this one for a rainy day! Thanks for the suggestion. Amazing what can be found when you go looking.

19. Kristina L says:

I do this to with my boys..lol We also bring out own candy!

20. thanks for such an awesome idea. will have to try it now. even though i love craft its hard to find some great ideas like these.

21. Your daughter doesn’t look very happy…lol

22. Mommy Pamela! says:

Any tips on how to share the popcorn if it’s yourself and your husband squabbling over who gets to hold the tub?? Maybe we should make our own popcorn craft bags, LOL!

23. maricel raymundo says:

Great idea I love popcorn!

24. Richard Hicks says:

Never thought of doing this. Great way to get the creative juices flowing in the kids

25. Sylvia Ortiz says:

What a great idea! Not only does it end the “squabbling” while at the theatre, but it also allows your children to use their imagination and creativity in a “fun” way. Thanks for sharing!! :)

26. bianca roman says:

this is a great and cute idea! i only have one child, but even so this is great because then they don’t think the adults are taking all the popcorn!

27. penny harris says:

love all off the art work

Trackbacks

1. […] all these titles and will try to make as many as possible. Before you go, be sure to make some fun popcorn bags for your […]